Profile Falling Sand Game    Hell of Sand Game   Profile NEW Sand Game   Profile Pyro Sand Game Profile Pyro Sand II   
Profile X Sand    Profile Etch A Sketch Sand    Profile FSG Wiki    Profile Game Overview

fsg version 4.4 released

Opiette's very successful version of the game.

fsg version 4.4 released

Postby opiette on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:37 am

Hey all,

I've added the ability to download physics files from the fsg wiki. If you want yours listed, put it on http://www.fallingsandgame.com/wiki/index.php/WxSand_Mods. I hope some people will take it upon themselves to moderate that listing-- keeping the really bad mods out, or at least listed in another section down below.
A lot of the physics files on there now won't work. It's mostly formatting issues. From that main page, it must be a relative link in order to work. On the next page, the physics listing must be complete and be enclosed in pre tags.

It looks like I didn't actually fix hotself. I've now returned it to its original functionality.

Changed the pen sizes. I can't put too many pen sizes on the list, so I hope these are the most useful pen sizes.

As for purple100's explode lines-- No, I will not make "explode" a keyword. I liked his idea, but the format isn't the same as my style.

Sandbox temperature will stay. It doesn't affect your stuff unrealistically. If you heat something up, and its touching Empty, it will lose its energy. I got tired of heating up walls which never cooled off.

Anyone able to cross-compile for the mac? I had someone once, but I've lost track of them..

As always, feedback is welcome! If you haven't already noticed, you're all Beta testers. The game will change to fit most of your wants.

Some day I'll get around to coldself, coldneighbor, etc.

Download version 4.4 at http://www.piettes.com/fallingsandgame

-Owen Piette
Last edited by opiette on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opiette
Level 1
Level 1

Postby superraptor555 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:09 pm

Opiette, shouldn't we put the mods here: http://www.fallingsandgame.com/wiki/ind ... xSand_Mods
"You're gonna die!" "Oh, Carp!" "How can you think of fish at a time like this?" -Coolant
superraptor555
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Postby dr-spangle on Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:34 pm

erm is it me or does it say 4.3 on the page?
dr-spangle

Postby Sand on Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:43 pm

on what page? the title of this is fsg 4.4, it must be you or your just not explaining it correctly. I'm liking the idea about downladable things a lot, thanks.
I'm constantly thinking up original mod ideas, for those of you who need them. Credit isn't required for using my ideas, just PM me and I'll give you some.
| Requests: 2 | Ideas Proposed: 5 | Ideas Used: 4 |

Sand
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mibias on Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:52 pm

this new version is great... fun to mod the new explosions...
good link
teh rubber ducky pwnz! Add this to your signature to help him take over the world
Official Cookie Club Security Deputy
mibias

Postby youaredoome0 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:07 pm

you do realize that about 2/3 of the mods here use the explode line?
youaredoome0
Level 1
Level 1

Postby dr-spangle on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:09 pm

i meant that on the website: http://www.piettes.com/fallingsandgame/

it says "Features in fsg-4.3:"

or am i mkissing something?

EDIT: yes i am, ignore this post.
dr-spangle

Postby bbq on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:37 pm

Hmm, oppiete- instead of having different little buttons for pen sizes, how about a sliding thing?
*Thread Lock Count From 13:34 09/12/07 GMT*
bbq

Postby wcaclimbing on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:44 pm

bbq wrote:Hmm, oppiete- instead of having different little buttons for pen sizes, how about a sliding thing?

yes good idea.

and opiette, i like the new explode format, just not having to re-do all of the mods
wcaclimbing
Level 2
Level 2

Postby LemonDemonMayhem on Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:53 pm

wcaclimbing instead of redoing all of your code

go to your mod and press Ctrl + H
Type in "explode" in the first box
and "pexplode" in the second box
and hit find next, then replace.

Wala lots of work easily done.

I kinda hope for the next version, that Sandbox temputure starts at 0 and can be adjusted up.

along with maybe a slide for pens, would be cool.

Maybe a square pen?

Anyway gj Opiette

EDIT: Although I think the Wiki thing is good, all of my fake spaces (Alt + 0160) turn into weird A's. Which ruins the point of fake spaces.

LE4dGOLEM SAYS: Yes. Yes it does. Use real spaces.
LemonDemonMayhem

Next

Return to wxSand (0piette)